Thursday 26 April 2018

virtualbox - How to sign a kernel module Ubuntu 18.04

I am new to using Ubuntu. I am trying to install Genymotion so I can have access to an android emulator. In order to use Genymotion, it is required I have VirtualBox. I have VirtualBox installed but it seems as if I need to sign a kernal module... and I really am not sure how to do it. This is the error message I get after running /sbin/vboxconfig :


vboxdrv.sh: Stopping VirtualBox services.
vboxdrv.sh: Starting VirtualBox services.
vboxdrv.sh: Building VirtualBox kernel modules.
vboxdrv.sh: failed: modprobe vboxdrv failed. Please use 'dmesg' to find out why.

There were problems setting up VirtualBox. To re-start the set-up process, run
/sbin/vboxconfig
as root. If your system is using EFI Secure Boot you may need to sign the
kernel modules (vboxdrv, vboxnetflt, vboxnetadp, vboxpci) before you can load
them. Please see your Linux system's documentation for more information.

I have tried googling this, but can not seem to find a clear and concise answer with sequential steps. Again, I am fairly new to linux, so any help is welcome. Thanks in advance to all of those who reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...