Saturday 28 April 2018

Wake on Lan doesn't work in Windows 8


I have a dual boot system with Windows 7 and Windows 8.


After I shutdown in Windows 7, wake-on-lan works perfect but if I shutdown in Windows 8, it doesn't work. Even if I sleep or hibernate in Windows 8, wake-on-lan works.


Can anyone tell me why is this happening?



Answer



I found that it was related to the Fast Startup feature in Windows 8. After I disabled it, it worked fine.


Here is how:




  1. Press the Win + W.




  2. Type change power buttons and press Enter.


    S2




  3. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.


    S3




  4. Uncheck Turn on fast startup.


    S4




  5. That's it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...