Monday 30 April 2018

ssh - SFTP server for Windows with its own users and folders?

anyone knows if there's a SFTP server for Windows, with these features?
1. sftp users db is separate from windows users (preferably a simple text file with user/password pairs or some kind of db with gui). I just don't like the idea of creating a full windows user to only use it for file transfers
2. for each user I can specify a home folder manually (could be on different disks)
3. free (as non-paid)


I tried OpenSSH, but it seems to be tied to windows users. Judging by how much time it took me trying to set it up, it would take a lot of time to check all other existing server software so I decided to ask.
As for what I am trying to accomplish - I am trying to set up a server to sync with winscp. Plain FTP is out of question as it's not encrypted, FTPS/ES data connections are blocked by firewall, SFTP utilizes single port and is allowed on our firewall. The problem is, I am too used to filezilla server which had it's own user db and could set specific home folders for each of them, so I want to have the same functionality with SFTP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...