Sunday 29 April 2018

Apache Server on Windows 7 opening up ports?


I have installed Apache 2.2.14 on Windows 7 and can view my web pages using both http://localhost and http://127.0.0.1 but when I try to access the server from another computer on the same router, it fails. It also fails when I use the DynDNS address that I have mapped.


This worked fine under Windows XP before I upgraded to Windows 7.


I suspect the issue is something like port 80 not being opened up for outside access into the computer.


Does anyone know how to open that port up in the Windows Firewall, or if something else is locked down what that is and how to unlock it?



Answer



To add a rule in the Windows Firewall for port 80, do the following:



  • Go to the Control Panel and launch "Windows Firewall"

  • Go to "Advanced Settings"

  • Select "Inbound Rules" in the left pane

  • Select "New Rule" in the right pane

  • In the New Inbound Rule Wizard, select "Port" as Rule Type, then click on "Next"

  • Select "TCP and put "80" (and any other ports you want to open) in "Specific local ports", then click on "Next"

  • Select "Allow the connection", then click on "Next"

  • Select the network location where the rule should apply (select them all if you're not sure), then click on "Next"

  • Give a name and an optional description


That should do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...