Thursday 26 April 2018

mkdir - copy files to other folder - find


I have to copy files to folder with name with their type using command 'find'. There are a lot of files with a lot of folders. I tried command:


find ./find -type f -exec bash -c ' file -b "$1"|cut -d " " -f 1 ' none {} \;

But I don't know how I can use mkdir to make folder, when I use "|".


I think about two command. First make the folders from type of files. Second copy files to this folder.


But how I can make this folders.



Answer



Using your file-cut expression to determine the directory name:


find . -type f -exec bash -c 'd="../$(file -b "$1"|cut -d " " -f 1)"; mkdir -p "$d"; cp "$1" "$d" ' none {} \;

How it works




  • d=../$(file -b "$1"|cut -d " " -f 1)


    This finds the name of the directory corresponding to the file's type. I added ../ so to put these under the parent directory. You may want to put them somewhere else.




  • mkdir -p "$d"


    This creates the directory if it doesn't already exist.




  • cp "$1" "$d"


    This copies the file to the directory.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...