Saturday 28 April 2018

performance - "Task Manager" addon for Firefox?



Are there any addons for Firefox that can replicate the performance monitoring of Task Manager in Windows - seeing memory and CPU used - but for all the tabs in the current Firefox session?


I want to be able to see which tabs are taking up the most memory or hitting the CPU the hardest.



Answer



StatusbarEx is a Firefox extension that will show system information on the statusbar of Firefox, such as the memory usage of system & Firefox itself, network speed, system power status, etc.


Alt text


However, it doesn't work 'tab specific'. since Firefox (unlike other web browsers) is using threads instead of processes to open tabs. I doubt this is possible at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...