Wednesday 25 April 2018

remote - Enabling RDP, or installing a VNC server, on Windows 7 from the command line


I've got a remote Win7 box that I can SSH into (via Cygwin). I apparently forgot to turn RDP on before leaving it. I've got wget accessible, but obviously no way of getting to a GUI.


Is there a way to either enable RDP or install and set up VNC via the command line? If so, where would I start?


Note that I also don't want to reboot the computer - it would be vastly preferable if whatever was involved could be done without a reboot.



Answer



You can enable RDP with the following commands:


C:\>netsh firewall set service remoteadmin enable
C:\>netsh firewall set service remotedesktop enable

Alternatively you can also modify the remote registry with the following command:


C:\>reg add "HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\terminal server" /v fDenyTSConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 0

Value fDenyTSConnections exists, overwrite(Y/N)? y

The operation completed successfully

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...