Monday 23 April 2018

networking - Cable modem ping times go to thousands of milliseconds after 10 minutes of use

I have a wireless router (NetGear WNDR4500) which has a wired connection to a cable modem (Thompson DCM275).


My connection to the wireless router seems to be working fine and the traceroute and ping times are quite fast. But the connection from the wireless router to the cable modem doesn't seem to be working properly sometimes. When I turn the modem off and then on again the traceroute and ping times are fine. But sometimes after say 10 minutes or more the traceroute and ping times to the cable modem increase to thousands of milliseconds. When I turn the modem off and on again the issue goes away again.


Any ideas about what can be the issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...