Sunday 22 April 2018

installation - Install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 as UEFI with GPT

I bought a Samsung laptop (Model: NP350V5C-S0BIN) which came preinstalled with Windows 8. I dont like Windows 8 and want to install Windows 7. I have disabled FAST BOOT and SECURE BOOT.


My questions are.


1) On disabling Secure Boot, I found three OS Selection Modes namely, "UEFI", "CSM OS" and "UEFI or Legacy OS". Which one should I choose to install Windows 7 x64 and Why? (Really confused as in some forum they are telling to use UEFI while few other forus telling "UEFI or Legacy OS")


2) I converted the GPT to MBR once I tried to install windows 7 unknowingly but the installation failed. So if I select UEFI DVD Drive to install, will it automatically convert MBR back to GPT upon creating partitions?


Please provide the sufficient help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...