Friday 27 April 2018

Is it possible to mount an ISO image in Windows 8 without third-party software?


I often have to access ISO images to install software on my machine. Typically I install a third-party tool to mount the ISO file and expose it as a virtual drive within Windows.


Examples of third-party tools I have used are:



I am now using Windows 8 and would like to know if it is possible to mount an ISO image within Windows without installing a third-party tool.



Answer



Windows 8 includes the functionality to mount an ISO image and expose it as a virtual drive within Windows without using 3rd party software.



  • Locate an ISO file

  • Right click and select Mount from the context menu or double click on the ISO file


ISO context menu Windows 8


It will be automatically mounted by Windows 8 and exposed as a virtual drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...