Monday 23 April 2018

How to install GRUB from inside Windows 7


I am trying to make a kernel in Visual C++ (Windows) using the tutorial here. What I am wondering is how to install GRUB from within Windows 7. If I have to download Puppy Linux or something I will, but I would prefer to install it from within Windows. In case you were wondering, I want to boot a PE EXE with a multiboot header that supports GRUB.



Answer



EasyBCD can automatically install a GRUB-based bootloader called NeoGrub. It'll be chainloaded from the Windows bootloader, and you can edit its configuration file from within Windows; it also supports NTFS so you can save the kernel to the NTFS partition and load it from there.


Disclosure: I wrote EasyBCD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...