Friday 20 October 2017

Windows 10 modern/metro applications not working


So my metro applications stopped working, including start button and notifications button. When i try to open one it shows on second then it closes itself. I checked event viewer, and there were a lot of errors, they always appear when i try to open an application. Example when I press start button:



Activation of the app Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with error: The app didn't start..



I know what might have caused this error, i done a stupid thing and i used a program Unlocker 1.9.2 and i unlocked Windows folder (That program is used when you want to unlock a file to delete it ) So i don't know what problems i made, is reinstalling windows only solution?



Answer



I fixed it without refreshing windows, first i made myself owner of all folders and files in c:/windows I used command:



takeown /R /F *.*



Then i gave full permissions to All APPLICATION PACKAGES in windows folder used this command:



icacls "c:\windows" /q /c /t /grant "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES":F



After I done that everything started to work fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...