Friday 20 October 2017

ssh - How to make git to work with pagent(putty) on Windows?


I'm using Windows x64 and I'm not able to make msysgit to work using pagent authentication.


Here are some details:



The problem is that:


 plink -v -a -ssh git@github.com git version
FATAL ERROR: Network error: Connection timed out

Answer



As silly at it may seam the reason for this problem is that plink will use the default hostname/ip from the Default Settings and will ignore command line parameters.


The solution is to remove hostname/ip from Default settings.


Also if you fail to connect due to fingerprint you should first connect one time using putty in order to store the fingerprint, just run putty git@github.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...