Wednesday 4 October 2017

What Filesystem to use for Linux Ubuntu?



I am new to Linux, coming from Windows background. What Filesystem should I use? I read that Ext3 is default still? Ext4 is unstable at times? true?


Also is there any performance different between the 2? So bottom line is what to use?



Answer



I'm pretty sure ext3 is the default, but I've used ext4 for years with no troubles at all. ext4 is made to increase storage size and increase performance of the filesystem. Overall, I've had really good success with it.


This will tell you all you need to know about ext4, but I do recommend using it.


edit: ext4 IS stable according to the kernel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...