Tuesday 3 October 2017

command line - `cd` doesn't change directory in Windows 7




Possible Duplicate:
Using cd Command in Windows Command Line, Can’t Navigate to D:\
CMD cd to other drives except C:\ not working



I am working with cmd.exe on Windows 7 (as opposed to Powershell). I have 2 partitions on my drive, C contains the OS and installed programs, and D contains my data. I was trying to cd from C to D, but cmd wouldn't let me:


C:\>cd D:\

C:\>

However, when I type dir D:\, it will list the contents of D correctly. Why does it do this and how can I fix it? Powershell works fine so I can use that, but I would like to know what makes cmd misbehave.



Answer



You have to use just d: , not cd d:\


EDIT: it is also possible to use cd /d d: to change drives using cd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...