Monday 16 October 2017

Make Windows remember which process to suspend


I have some process that I want to be suspended every time the systems boots, but I don't want to disable it. I tried to find some options in Resource Monitor, Process Explorer, Process Hacker, but found nothing. The name of the process is sppsvc.exe and I want my PC to remember that whenever it sees a process with that name to suspend it.



Answer



Take a look at Mircosoft sysinternals pssuspend.


You can create a scheduled task at logon to invoke this, or create a task to run every x minutes if there are new processes spawned. When creating the task make sure to specify that it runs with highest privileges.


C:\yourpath\pssuspend64.exe sppsvc.exe


However, the exe you are talking about is a windows service called Software Protection, which can be disabled in the services MSC.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...