Sunday 1 October 2017

How do I clone a RAID 0 array to a single disk?

Situation:



  1. One empty 120GB SSD

  2. Two 60GB SSD's is RAID 0 containing a Windows 7 installation

  3. The RAID is firmware-based (a.k.a. fakeRAID) which means it requires a driver for it to be seen by an operating system.


I don't want to use RAID 0 anymore; far too dangerous. I want to take the data from the RAID array and put it onto the single 120GB SSD. Ultimately, I want to keep the Windows 7 install completely intact; I don't want to reinstall anything.


Keep in mind I have multiple TB worth of free space to use as temporary storage for whatever transfers need to take place.


I looked into Clonezilla but it (as with most cloning software) doesn't support firmware-based RAID.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...