Friday 13 October 2017

How can I convert a VMWare Fusion 3 .vmdk to .raw format?


I’ve got a VMWare virtual machine that I want to upload to a virtual server hosting service. The service accepts virtual machine images in .raw format (as per “How Can I Migrate VMWare Virtual Servers into Your Cloud” on http://www.serverlove.com/cloud-server-faqs/uploading-server-images-and-cds/).


How can I convert my virtual machine’s virtual hard disk into .raw format? The virtual machine is running Debian 6.


My host OS is Mac OS X 10.6, and I couldn’t work out how to compile Qemu on it (./configure; make; returned an error.)


I was wondering if one of the command-line tools at /Library/Application Support/VMWare Fusion/ might do it? E.g. vmware-rawdiskCreator?



Answer



VMWare provide a guide for this, for Windows guests:


http://www.vmware.com/support/v2p/


If your guest OS is Linux, VirtualBox may be able to convert it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...