Sunday 1 October 2017

arch linux - Using minecraft server with screen


I would like to have remote console access to my minecraft/bukkit server. I want it running in a local console, but at the same time accesible via ssh/telnet. I have heard that screen can supply the feature I need. Any suggestions?



Answer



If you have screen installed --I'm not sure if Arch has it by default-- it's fairly simple process.


In your Tekkit directory type:


$ screen -dmS myTekkitServer ./StartScript.sh

If you run the command above, it will launch your server in a screen session and place it in the background.


screen -list will display the currently running screens and


$ screen -r myTekkitServer

will connect to your detached screen.


Also, if you need to detach from a session once you're attached, just type: Ctrl + A then D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...