Sunday 20 January 2019

windows - Cygwin Mintty unicode doesn't display fail despite having dejavu sans mono and everything

Edit


the problem is ubuntu machine can't display \u03bb as greek lambda symbol


ubuntu is remote:


[ubuntu@ubuntu:~]$echo -e "\xce\xbb\x0a" 
λ

[ubuntu@ubuntu:~]$echo -e "\u03bb"
\u03BB

this is local:


matizmabel@Casper ~ 
$ echo -e "\u03bb"
λ

matizmabel@Casper ~
$ echo -e "\xce\xbb"
λ

matizmabel@Casper ~
$

I use cygwin mintty terminal.


I use Dejavu Sans Mono and this:


$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I ssh into ubuntu headless server, and have this issue. Please fix my unicode display problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...