Sunday 20 January 2019

How to dock a window to an inside edge of a dual-monitor setup




Possible Duplicate:
How to control Windows 7 snap feature with two monitors?



I have a dual monitor setup at work. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, and I would like to take advantage of the docking feature, whereby you can drag a window to the side of the monitor and have it expand and fill to half the screen. Trouble is, I would like to drag it to the inside edge(adjoining the other screen) and it does not activate.


How would I go about activating this for the inside edge?



Answer



This behavior is by design.


On a dual monitor setup, the inside edges where the 2 monitors meet must be transparent for the 'snap' feature when dragging windows. If it were not transparent, you would not be able to drag anything from one monitor to the other monitor.


They thought that would be jarring experience. But you can do it with the keyboard:


Click whatever program you want to dock, then press Windows+Arrow (right or left).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...