Saturday 19 January 2019

compression - What happened to .gzip option in 7-zip?


I am not sure if this is just a coincident or not but I have recently upgraded my OS to Win 10.


I noticed only now (after the upgrade) that the .gzip archive format is not available in 7-zip anymore.


Perhaps I am missing something. But is there a way to archive a file/directory in a .gzip format in Win10?


If so, could anyone please advise where/how to select the .gzip option?


Thanks!


enter image description here


Edit:


I tested 7-zip on Win 7 and also I tried to gzip .txt file and a .tar file in Win10.


Here are my findings:


I can gzip a .txt file in Win 7.


win7


I can also gzip a .tar file in Win 10 but I can't gzip a .txt file in Win 10. This option is no longer available in Win 10.


enter image description here



Answer



You cannot gzip multiple files. Create a tar file first then gzip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...