Monday 8 October 2018

macos - Running iPhone SDK on Mac OS X Server in VMWare on a PC



I have read somewhere (can't find the source now) that Mac OS X is only licensed to run on Apple hardware but that Mac OS X Server can run on non-Apple hardware and virtualised platforms.


I have two questions:-




  1. Is this correct?




  2. Can I install and run the iPhone SDK on Mac OS X Server?




Thanks...



Answer



1) No. Mac OS X Server can NOT be legally run on non-Apple hardware. It CAN be virtualized on Apple hardware.


2) Yes, the iPhone SDK does install on Mac OS X Server.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...