Thursday 4 October 2018

email - Retrieve Hotmail password with Google Chrome

I have a Hotmail account that I have used since the 1990s. Recently I forgot my password after being asked to change it. Google Chrome still logs in to my Hotmail account automatically on my laptop, but not on other computers. In the past if I forgot my password I had a text message sent to my cell phone. However, I also lost that cell phone.


The only other option Hotmail offers me is to fill in a questionnaire with detailed information about recent messages and folders I have created. However, no matter how much information I provide, the automated response refuses to provide the password.


Recently I thought maybe Google Chrome would reveal the passwords it saves and would tell me what my Hotmail password is. However, when I go to: chrome://settings/passwords my Hotmail account is not listed (although various other passwords for various other sites are listed).


Is there some way I can retrieve my Hotmail password from Google Chrome?


Alternatively, is there some way I can obtain my Hotmail password from Microsoft by speaking to a live person?


I can read every email sent and received, create folders, provide old passwords, and answer security questions. But none of that is good enough. I can even provide the phone number to which texts used to be sent before I lost the cell phone. However, I cannot change the password without knowing what the current password is.


Thank you for any advice. I do not wish to lose the Hotmail account given that I have used it since perhaps 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...