Friday 19 October 2018

Completely clean previous Radeon drivers on Windows 7 64bit

Recently I replaced my old Radeon HD 2600XT to Radeon HD 6770 from MSI.


I had strange problem that after installing the newest Radeon drivers they exist only until first reboot. After reboot my new card is recognized as an old 2600.


I tried to unintall ATI/AMD software completetely from Programs/Features, then reboot, then untinstall driver from device manager, then reboot, then system showed that display driver is regular VGA (and oldschool 640x480 resolutions). Then to be double sure I executed DriverCleaner3 and Driver sweeper. After the restart I installed the newest drivers from amd site but after restarting the system recognizes card as 2600.


I'm completely lost. Perhaps Win7 64bit caches somewhere drivers? Are there any issues regarding drivers-shadowing or 32/64 mirroring?


Reinstalling the system is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...