Friday 3 August 2018

macos - What software can I use to decrypt a Mac OS X password hash?

I recently fired up an old Mac Mini that I haven't used for years, and found that I forgot the admin account password.


I managed to get the password hash, but have hit various snags when following guides on decrypting this. (e.g. zip utility crashes when trying to open the downloaded 'John the Ripper' utility zip file).


Can anyone recommend a hash decrypter? Windows or OS X is fine. The password itself will be some simple short thing that is only slightly better than nothing.


account username: admn password hash: 6646e657f86732f846bb44f66e0add96e2a48c6e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...