Thursday 2 August 2018

disk encryption - How do I recover Windows EFS keys

Long before my hard drive crashed I backed it up using Acronis TrueImage 2010, a full partition backup of Windows 7 Professional 64bits.


Oddly enough, the C OS partition is the placed as the second partition right after D and Acronis fails to restore from the backup (it restores but the restore is not bootable).


I can access the content of the backup using Acronis. Most of the files are encrypted using EFS and are inaccessible.


How can I restore the EFS private key (I know the username password) or at least make the Acronis restore bootable in a way I could read the encrypted files?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...