Wednesday 1 August 2018

desktop customization - Why would a solid wallpaper cause a Windows PC a long time to login?


I have been using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit in my Dell Inspiron 620s (Intel Pentium Dual core, 2GB DDR3 RAM). My PC used to take a long time to login and it’s only for my admin account; other user account works well.


Then I found out that the slow login was due to the wallpaper I used; I used a simple, black solid color wallpaper available on the system. But when I changed it to something else, my PC became fast.


I just want to know why it is so?



Answer



Simple solutions:



  1. There is a Hot Fix available (Thanks to magicandre1981 ).

  2. Change the wallpaper from solid colour to an image that has a solid colour.



Another Solution(Requires editing Windows Registry):


Configure the value of the DelayedDesktopSwitchTimeout registry entry. This value determines the time-out interval of a session before Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 switches between sessions.


To configure the value of the DelayedDesktopSwitchTimeout registry entry, follow these steps:



  1. Click StartStart button, type regedit in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER.

  2. Locate the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

  3. Double-click the DelayedDesktopSwitchTimeout registry entry.

  4. In the Value data box, type 5, and then click OK.


This answer is reproduced from this Microsoft support article.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...