Tuesday 17 October 2017

Windows 8: how to stop auto login


With Windows 7, if you have multiple accounts (and there are no passwords on those accounts), Windows will give you a welcome screen on boot to let you choose which one to log in.


With Windows 8, it will just log you straight in to the last logged in account. How can I make it act like Windows 7?



Answer



I got it working, but in an less than perfect way. This way Windows would ask you to type the username every time. Would still like it to show a welcome screen with icons you can click on every boot though.


Run secpol.msc > Local Policies > Security Options > Interactive logon: Do not display last user name > Enabled


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...