Sunday 1 October 2017

windows 7 - Lock your computer after 5 minutes of inactivity


I know you can automatically Sleep and Hibernate your computer with a timer. But these affect running programs and stop downloads ... so I was wondering if there is a way to automatically Lock your computer with a timer?



Answer



Go to control panel. Go to Appearance and Personalizations. Go to Screen Save Settings. Adjust wait times as desired. Setup a screen saver and check the box to "On resume, display logon screen"


If you want this password protected, setup your account to have a password.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...