Wednesday 18 October 2017

windows 7 - Hardware ID on Device Manager


HardwareID: (Open Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Double click a device. Choose the Details tab and then the Hardware Ids from the drop-down.)


I want, from HardwareID, discover the the manufacturer and model of a device.


By example, I'm trying install that device:


PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_3091103C&REV_02  
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_3091103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_0401

Sometimes Windows7 show it as "Conexant AC-Link Audio", but I cannot install several driver versions that I've downloaded from web.


Thank you very much any help.



Answer



Here's an interesting article about just that: link


There are also various tools that will discover what the device is and which drivers you need.
(I often use Everest, but it's a shareware and not a tool that is specifically for that purpose, there are others I suppose).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...