Saturday 14 October 2017

Running programs by typing some alias in Windows


Is there an easy way in windows to set a given string, like "sidb" to run a program or open a given folder in Windows?


My original idea was to be able to run commands like that in the "Execute" start button menu (or Win + R),so I'd just have to do WIN+R and type "sidb".


What is the best way to accomplish this?


EDIT: May I rephrase this as : Is there a way to define for example, in systems variables, sibd="C:.......blabla\ and then I'd just have to type "sibd" in Run?



Answer



You can make small batch files which execute the program, and name them after the desired alias. Then simply put them into a folder that's in your path environment variable.


example, ff.cmd:


@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...