Tuesday 10 October 2017

Laptop charger dying after plugging in?

My laptop charger's transformer has a green light on it that indicates that it's plugged in and working.


When I plug it into the wall, the light goes on as expected. As soon as I plug it into the laptop, the light immediately turns off and my laptop doesn't get any charge.


After that, the charger's light doesn't turn green again, even though it is still plugged into an outlet. I need to unplug it from the wall and wait a few minutes. It's strange - unplugging and immediately re-plugging it does not bring back the charge; I have to wait.


Is this a charger issue or a laptop issue?


Edit: Hooked the charger into a voltmeter and power went through fine. I guess this means that it's a short in my laptop itself.


What are my options now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...