Tuesday 10 October 2017

How can I reserve hotplug bridge's memory only for prefetchable memory using the Linux kernel command line?

I have been trying to reserve more bridge memory for PCI hot plug devices using the kernel command line option 'pci=hpmemsize=256M,realloc'. This ends up causing an issue for non-prefetchable memory where the kernel fails to assign memory due to the size used for hpmemsize.


I actually only need to reserve hotplug bridge memory for prefetchable memory and not non-prefetchable memory, but the hpmemsize option seems to apply to both. Is there any way to only reserve extra hotplug bridge prefetchable memory and use the default for non-prefetchable memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...