Sunday 8 October 2017

How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?


I am having trouble downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 8.


I have retrieved my Windows 8 product key and created a Windows 8 installation image using a tool that I downloaded from the Microsoft website. I now have a Windows.iso file on my desktop.


When I run setup.exe I choose whether or not I want to install updates and enter my product key which is accepted but when I try to go to the next step this error message appears:



Something happened: Setup has failed to determine supported install choices



What is the best way to proceed here as I am at a loss what to do and I need to get this computer downgraded back to Windows 8 as soon as possible?



Answer



Are you in the position to reformat it? Burn the .iso to a CD, pop it into your computer and restart. When you're in the BIOS screen you should see an option such as 'press F12 for boot options'. Hit the key it tells you to press and boot from the CD-ROM.


Then run through the settings to reinstall Windows 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...