Monday 9 October 2017

hard drive - Use SSD for OS and HDD as main storage

So most people get a SSD to put their OS on to make it run faster, and I figured I'd do it too. Now when I want to use any programs from my old HDD, such as Malwarebytes, games, ventrilo, etc., I get issues like missing dll's or access issues. I think I've cleared any access problems, but my question is this:


How can I run my OS off my SSD, and all my other programs off my HDD without these issues?


I have seen a few things about moving the Users folder over and that may fix things. I also don't want to reinstall everything, if at all possible I just want to keep running everything from what's already on the HDD. The SSD can support a lot of stuff, its a 240gb, but I still want to only put certain things on and leave everything that doesn't require super speed on the HDD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...