Wednesday 4 October 2017

hard drive - The driver descriptor says the physical block size is 2048 bytes, but Linux says it is 512 bytes

Gparted shows mu such a message after scanning the disk contents with title "Libprated warning".


The background:


This happened after I tried shrinking down one of the partitions to make room for another partition. I was doing this with The KDE Partition Manager. It's a brand new machine, but somehow things has gone wrong and I was unable to mount the down-sized partition.


I recovered the partition table with TestDisk, but the system seemed to hand in the Plymouth after showing an error message about the swap partition (which was under sda1).


Now've booted a LiveCD and I can mount and browse both the system and data partition. I created a new swap.


What can I do to fix this issue? And what problems might this cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...