Monday 9 October 2017

firefox aliased/jagged fonts in xfce


I've been using linux mint 7 for a couple of weeks now and I'm pretty happy with it, but I wanted to try out other desktops, e.g. KDE/Xfce


I'm not sure if it's KDE's fault of Xfce's, but firefox's font rendering sucks now, it renders jagged/aliased fonts.


I'm using xfce right now,


My Xfce settings Manager > appearance > fonts settings roughly look like this:



Default Font:

Sans | 9

Rendring :

[x] Enable anti-aliasing

Hinting: None
Sub-pixel Order: None

But it's as if firefox ignores these settings!



Answer



Try editing your .fonts.conf file under your home directory (~/.fonts.conf).


This works well for me:


 




false



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...