Friday 6 October 2017

ethernet - Cat 6 cable failure

I laid a direct buriable what I thought was high quality Cat 6 cable over about 200 feet, worked fine for a couple weeks then suddenly failed. When I attach the tester to each end, the lights barely light up dimly except for #5 which flashes bright. I have attached new connectors to each end twice now, four gold plug RJ45 wasted, same exact result.


I tested the two routers being connected with a 30' ethernet cable, worked fine, also tested the tester itself with this 30' cable, it flashes all 8 digits brightly and correctly.


Have examined the length of the cable there is no damage no cuts in it, and it's only a couple weeks old anyway. All I can think of is that there are a few bends around corners including a couple that are almost 90 degrees, could this over a two week period lead to failure? Bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...