Saturday 21 October 2017

Can I remove the locations/views from the Windows Explorer pane in Windows 7?


Is it possible to remove the locations/views from Windows Explorer in the folder pane on the left? Example: Favorites, Libraries, Homegroup, etc.


I'd like to be able to choose which categories I see here.


alt text



Answer



There is no way to change these in Windows 7 directly.


However this LifeHacker article mentions an application called FindeXer that does allow customizing the side bar and is compatible with Vista. I am not sure if it will work on Windows 7 thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...