Friday 18 August 2017

How to reset a Fritz!Box DSL router to factory settings?


I need to change the setting of router Fritz Box. The setting were set by another person. I can't connect to router using cable, may be standard port or address were changed. So the only option is to switch to factory settings. Usually there is a button which deletes all the settings. I read the documentation and they tell to call the number #991*15901590* on the router. Do I have to connect telephone to router?



Answer



I had the same problem, but no analogue telephone at hand. So i tried it with wireshark to find my "lost" fritz.box (i chose: "get IP from DHCP") without success.


After some reading i found a solution: The fritz.box 7170 is always available on http://169.254.1.1. (Just set the IP address manually in the range of 169.254.1.x)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...