Sunday 19 August 2018

windows 10 - 2.5 GB usable out of 4 GB of ram



I have a HP pavilion g6 1301tx laptop. It came up with 2GB of DDR3 ram, windows 7 pro (64 bit), 1 GB ATI graphic card and motherboard - hp 1670 serial number- pcela212c1bo7I. Few months back I installed Windows 10 (32 bit) . Now I want to increase ram by 2 GB , total of 4 GB so I installed a 2 GB DDR3 ram to the other slot and checked system properties of my computer it says 2.5 GB usable out of 4 GB, now I don't understand why rest of the 1.5 GB is not usable what should i do to get 4 GB ram?



Answer



The system reserves RAM for different things and allots the remainder to you for use. Without looking I am willing to bet your laptop does not have a discrete GPU with its own reserve of VRAM; this is going to be one of the significant chunks that is taken from your system memory. Other on-board devices each reserve their own small chunks of memory which in your case adds up to about 1.5GB.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...