Wednesday 1 August 2018

networking - Multiple network interfaces on a single NIC in Windows

Here's the scenario:


Lets say we have a wireless network that imposes bandwidth limit on IP addresses(ie every IP address has limited bandwidth). To get around this, we can obtain several IP addresses from the access point, but the problem is that Windows by default uses the first IP address for all outbound connections.


I realized that on Windows platforms if we could introduce virtual interfaces on the wireless NIC (like interface aliasing in LINUX) we would be able to use ROUTE command to route different connections through different (virtual) interfaces (this is the case since the ROUTE command uses interfaces for routing instructions).


So the question is:



Can we have multiple (virtual) interfaces with different IP addresses on a single NIC on Windows?



Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...