Thursday 2 August 2018

DVI to VGA or a VGA to DVI cables


I have a DVI graphics card. And I need to connect with a LCD with VGA port. Which cable I need for this: DVI to VGA (female) or a VGA(female) to DVI cables



Answer



There are adaptors for DVI to VGA. Then you can plug in a standard VGA cable.


i.e. one of these + a standard VGA cable should do it:


enter image description here


Sometimes they are supplied with your computer.


Notice the four pins around the flat pin; those carry the analog signal required for VGA. A DVI-D port lacks an analog signal and those pins won't fit:


enter image description here


If your video card only outputs digitally, you could consider an active DVI-D to VGA adapter, which costs around 47 USD:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...