Monday 2 July 2018

Windows Vista/7 "need permissions" to delete


I'm on Windows 7 but experienced this kind of trouble on Vista as well sometimes. When I want to delete a folder when I have previously accessed a subfolder of it, Windows cannot delete it and instead says that I need permissions to do that. I own the files so it can't be that. The problem will usually only go away after I close the Windows Explorer Window in which I viewed the subfolder, or alternatively, I can delete the directory tree manually from the bottom up, files first, and then deleting the empty directories works.


Now, is there a workaround to that? Some setting or policy to tell Windows not to mess around?



Answer



I don't have a solution to the cause of your problem but I have a suggestion to make. Recently I got irritated from all the file deletion errors and permissions that used to occur in Windows 7 and I searched on the net. I found out this nifty and very small tool called Unlocker . It bypasses all the file restrictions placed if you are the admininstrator and lets you delete as you want so if you want you can try it out........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...