Tuesday 31 July 2018

hard drive - Asus FX504 BIOS boot issue

I recently bought an Asus FX504 laptop which I wanted to upgrade the HDD + Intel Optane with my SSD.


After removing both the hardware above and installing my SSD, I am entering the BIOS each time I turn on the laptop.


The SSD has an OS already from a previous laptop, and I also have a bootable USB pen with Windows 10 files so I can reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.


I have read people having the same struggle but I don't seem to find a solution.


Things I have tried/to be considered:




  • Disabled Secure Boot and Fast Boot however I am still unable to either boot from my HD or USB pen. (Unable to locate an option for CSM in "Boot" menu which I read should be enabled.)




  • The Boot menu is empty so I am seemingly unable to change the boot order.




  • Removed CMOS battery for a minute.




  • USB pen is fine as its being detected and bootable by another laptop.




  • Both SSD and USB is being detected in the BIOS main screen.




This is driving me mad! Any help is much appreciated. (Pictures to follow I hope


Goal: Boot from USB drive to re-install Windows.


Setup: Laptop: Asus FX504GD-E4673T BIOS: American Megatrends 312 EXISTING Hard Drive: HHD + Intel Optane NEW Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO


BIOS images: https://imgur.com/a/GuO7niq

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...