Monday 30 July 2018

How can I have different text in the footer on every page of a Word document?


Is there an easy way to add different text in footer on every page of a word document?



Answer



I bumped into the same issue myself. Here's the Yahoo Answers post on the subject. The selected answer from that post recommends maintaining a separate section for each page:



Each header and footer is "linked" for each section. So if you make each page a separate "section" (i.e., section break instead of a page break), then you can unlink the footers and place a different footer for each section.


This is the only way I know that will allow the different footer for each page.



That's a terrible hassle in my opinion, so I decided to waive having different footers on each page. Sadly I'm not aware of any alternative neat solution in Microsoft Word. This is definitely a feature request: Microsoft - please add a checkbox for "Different Footer on Every Page".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...