Monday 30 July 2018

Why are there no Micro USB to Micro USB cables?


Well, it's not like there are not. I found only 1 website selling micro usb to micro usb cables. But it seems they solder them themselves.


So why it is so difficult to get them?



Answer



It is likely for the same reason that USB A-to-A cables aren't common: host devices should always use different connectors than slave devices. The reason is that serious damage to the USB controller is possible if you plug two ends of a USB A-to-A cable to two USB ports on a host device (like into your computer). It is against the spec for a reason.


A-to-A cables (or cables as you describe) should not exist according to the spec, simply put.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...