Friday 27 July 2018

Router login page open up automatically when I connected to the network

I'm using Router Tenda W309R http://www.tendacn.com/in/product/W309R.html


Every time I restarted the router, as soon as I connected back to the network a web browser on my computer opened up automatically to 192.168.80.1/index.asp


This is a router login page that came up when I connected to the network:


enter image description here


I have Mcafee Antivirus + Firewall installed on my PC. I have run full scan and no malware came up. I ran MalwareBytes Anti-Malware found only OpenCandy Ad-Ware which has nothing to do with the router



Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www.malwarebytes.org


Scan Date: 7/02/2016 Scan Time: 6:42 PM Logfile: Administrator: Yes


Version: 2.2.0.1024 Malware Database: v2016.02.07.01 Rootkit Database: v2016.01.20.01 License: Free Malware Protection: Disabled Malicious Website Protection: Disabled Self-protection: Disabled


OS: Windows 8.1 CPU: x64 File System: NTFS User: E5


Scan Type: Threat Scan Result: Completed Objects Scanned: 395511 Time Elapsed: 5 min, 3 sec


Memory: Enabled Startup: Enabled Filesystem: Enabled Archives: Enabled Rootkits: Disabled Heuristics: Enabled PUP: Enabled PUM: Enabled


Processes: 0 (No malicious items detected)


Modules: 0 (No malicious items detected)


Registry Keys: 0 (No malicious items detected)


Registry Values: 0 (No malicious items detected)


Registry Data: 0 (No malicious items detected)


Folders: 0 (No malicious items detected)


Files: 2 PUP.Optional.OpenCandy, C:\Users\E5\AppData\Local\Temp\is-QKG4I.tmp\OCSetupHlp.dll, , [697470ed0693ef47cc404aa5f1135aa6], PUP.Optional.OpenCandy, C:\Users\Public\Downloads\AxCrypt-1.7.3156.0-Setup.exe, , [49947edf188137fffb11a7487b8917e9],


Physical Sectors: 0 (No malicious items detected)


(end)



How does this work? How can a router issued command to my computer to open a web browser and open a web page? Could anyone explain this to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...