Monday 30 July 2018

macos - How to recover deleted text inside Mac OS X sticky notes


I use sticky notes to record some information. I deleted this info by accident. Is it recoverable?



Answer



As far as I know, the content for your stickies notes is stored in $HOME/Library/StickiesDatabase. If you are using Time Machine, or some other mechanism to do back-ups for your data that include this database, then you can try restoring an older version of this database to recover your data. Because of the way the Stickies app maintains its data (in a database), without access to some previous version of the database file, there's really no way to reliably recover Stickies notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...